Thursday, February 09, 2006

My life is good..............

It is amazing how it can take a child to remind you of that! Today, one of my precious children shared w/ me that once upon a time, her mother prostituted her out to her mother's own boyfriends! I was shocked, but I think only b/c it has been a while since I have heard that. I knew of one other student ( a long time ago) who had the same thing happen. This student today is the oldest of 6 children. They are all from a different dad.
Her mom found out the day before she recently left for jail that she was HIV positive. Needless to say, this child was removed from her home about one year ago. She misses her brothers and sisters b/c she basically was raising them. Her mother became HIV positive from this last babies dad.
My life is good.........

It takes days like today for me to realize why I do what I do. It changes my life daily. It is so important for me to be more than an EDUCATOR. That is 10% of the job these days. How can we expect our children to keep up with this amazing curriculum that must be mastered when they are dealing with issues such as this in their lives. My heart is broken for the broken-hearted children.

On a lighter note, tomorrow is FRIDAY. TGIF!!!!

I will get to see my very special friend tomorrow. I CANNOT wait. She wasn't feeling well at all last I heard. I hope she is better. You can never underestimate the value of an amazing friend. I have many ppl that I can call friends, but there is only one .... maybe two .... that I would call an AMAZING friend. I don't let just anyone into my heart. My heart has a lot inside of it, and if you are at all judgemental, you will not see inside my heart the way that she does. Thanks to you my friend.
I am soooooo blessed. I only hope that some of these children I have spoken about can be touched by a friend the way that I have.
I love you all my dear friends~
Happy early Friday.

Hugs to everyone who needs one~
Janell

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Yay, your comments are back! :) Glad to know you're out there covering that 90%. What an important job!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home