Thursday, August 24, 2006

Heavy

I have a lot of friends who are going through quite a bit right now. It is really easy to get caught up in their struggles b/c you care so much. Many of them are struggling with marital problems. Marriage is difficult and you really have to work at it.

I don't understand marriage to be honest with you. It is this really bizarre relationship. I also don't understand women who stay in abusive situations. My roommates and I were talking about this when I was up in Nashville. One of my roommate's friends is suffering from an emotionally abusive relationship which is just as devastating as physical abuse. There is no band aid for emotional abuse and most women don't talk about it. We just discussed how we can't understand why women stay involved in that. I guess they do it for the kids, security, financial reasons, etc. I just don't understand it! Oh well.

Marriage is bizarre b/c you live with this person, you share everything, they know everything about you (most everything) and nobody can tell you before you do it how difficult it can be.
I have a friend who puts up w/ so much crap and I just don't understand it. The argument can be it is b/c I don't have kids and so I can't understand. I think if you are in an emotionally abusive situation you are dishonoring yourself and your kids to stick around! That is just my opinion.....

Moving on. Marriage can also be a beautiful thing if you are married to your best friend. My grandmother once gave me some GREAT words of advice. She said, " Honey, do not marry someone you can live WITH. Marry someone you cannot live WITHOUT!" How brilliant is that? Did I follow her advice? I thought I did. I mean, being the independent woman that I feel I am, I don't feel I can't live without anyone. I will met people wherever I go and can be successful in things that I am passionate about. That is when I realize it is a decision for me to need someone and love someone in a marital relationship.

O.k..... this is too deep for me. I am off to Lowe's to look for a new faucet b/c mine broke and the water drips. It bugs me to listen to it.
Have a great evening.

Hugs to all.
J

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Brilliant,Brilliant!" as the guys on TV say. It sounds like great advice to me.

I always told couples to always be best friends. This is even better.

I like your blog

Bob Phillips

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

someday you will end up with someone you can't live without in due time

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree

6:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Marriage can also be beautiful if u make ur husband ur best friend :)

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home