Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Today was great!

I don't know. It seems like there are parts of days that are really good, but all of today was GREAT! Let me start from the beginning!

I woke up, went for a great run, had a good day with the kids, good food, amazing friend, and incredible............. well, day!

That is the day in summary! So, if you enjoyed the summary and don't want more, then don't keep reading.
It was a beautiful day and that always makes for a great run! I feel so free during a run like that. It is liberating!
Got ready for school in somewhat of a rush b/c I lost track of time on the run. That is just the way it works.

School was great b/c ...... well, it just was. It is something about the way I love the kids. They don't have great lives and it really helps me understand the importance of my role in their life. In turn, it helps me to understand that whatever I am going through is not as hard as some of the things they deal with. It really makes me evaluate my situations!

Somehow I ended up having dinner with a student ( and her family) that I taught last year. It was random how it happened. It is always nice to feel special. It was her 12th birthday. I missed her birthday last year b/c of the marathon and it was fun to be a part of it this year.

BONUS: My dear friend (great friend) that I always talk about was there as well. It was incredible when I found out she would be able to come along. Her daughter was there as well whom I love so much. When I zone out on everyone around me talking, b/c of something I start thinking about, it is just great to have her there!!!! What is it? I hugged her like it was the end of the world when I saw her. I don't know, she just is great. What a cool deal b/c I had no idea that I would get to see her today. It is these glances that we can shoot at each other that just make me smile. Like......... she is understanding that I am laughing inside, or that I don't give a rats a** what is going around me, or that I am zoning and she can see that. I JUST THINK SHE IS GREAT! I can't even really call her a great friend. It isn't like that to me. It is more like seeing my sister that I haven't seen in a week. For those of you who have a sister or a friend that is like your sister, you know exactly what I am talking about. It is the feeling in heart that you get when you see them. Got it?

I arrived home and then things were great. Wine is a beautiful thing. The second glass makes it better. Ho hum............
Now, I sit here typing and realize how sleepy I feel. It is time to close this and retire for the evening. Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful and so I must rise early for a run! Thanks for reading. I am sure these post will slow down as I will have more responsibilities as the next two weeks approach.

Have a great night. Friends are a beautiful gift in life!!!
Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home